PACT Adopter Support Groups
PACT Adopter Champions are organising a new series of support groups to help our adoptive families get together and talk about their experiences, to ask questions and gain advice but most importantly, to make links with other families in a similar position to them in their local area.
To start with, these groups will be led by Karen Willbridge, our Team Leader for the Adopter Champion Service, with the view to the groups eventually being run by parents as groups run by adopters, for adopters.
As this is a new project, we are asking any parents who are interested in being involved to attend an initial start-up meeting to discuss the next steps and to have a say in what they would like to see achieved by these groups. These meetings are being held as follows:
Reading - all to be held in PACT's Reading offices on South Street
- Single adopters group - Thursday 10th May, 10am - 11.30am
- Parents of children with disabilities group - Thursday 10th May, 12pm - 1.30pm
- LGBT adopters group - Friday 11th May, 10am - 11.30am
- BME adopters group - Friday 11th May, 12pm - 1.30pm
- General adopters support group (open to anyone) - Friday 11th May, 1.45pm - 3pm
Brighton - all to be held at The Community Base in Brighton
- General adopters support group (open to anyone) - Monday 21st May, 1.45pm - 3pm
- Single adopters group - Monday 21st May, 10am - 11.30am
- Parents of children with disabilities group - Monday 21st May, 12pm - 1.30pm
- LGBT adopters group - Tuesday 22nd May, 10am - 11.30am
- BME adopters group - Tuesday 22nd May 12pm - 1.30pm
Please note a contribution of £2 will be asked for to help with venue costs as well as refreshments. Young children are welcome to attend!
If you have any further questions, or would like to get involved by attending one of these meetings, please email Karen Willbridge.