PACT is dedicated to supporting our families through the lifetime of their adoption journeys. We offer specialist support and therapeutic services through our Strengthening Families Team and our award winning Family And Children Therapeutic Support ( FACTS) service.
Our Strengthening Families Team are all therapeutically trained, specialist Social Workers who can offer strategies and advice to assist in improving attachment and managing behaviours.
The team can:
- work with your child’s school to help them understand his/her needs to improve their educational experience.
- provide an assessment of support needs
- work closely with the FACTS service to ensure that all PACT adopters and carers can have a dedicated and individualised support service
They work closely with the FACTS service to ensure that all PACT adopters and carers can have a dedicated and individualised support service.
Most families have their support needs met through our Strengthening Families Team, but sometimes families require additional, more specialist support. In those cases, our FACTS service is there to help.
Some of the ways we support all our families:
- Parenting Courses designed to instruct and assist in attachment building where you will receive individualised attention attachment-focused parenting courses
- The Virtual Adoption Support Clinic that is available for you whenever you have a question or need support or advice
- imPACT, a series of creative therapy workshops for the entire family
- Training days and evenings with topics such as How to Talk to you Child about Adoption and Supporting Your Child in School to training events
- Family fun days after placement.
PACT's out-of-hours phone line is available for PACT adoptive families 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year. If you need PACT’s advice or support urgently and outside of normal office hours please call 07787 834871. Please note though that this number is for emergencies and not for general enquiries.