69 new dads and 83 children will celebrate Father's Day together for the first time thanks to adoption through PACT.
12 Jun 2014
FATHER’S Day on 15th June will be extra special for 69 new dads across Berkshire, Oxfordshire, London and the Thames Valley who have adopted their children through PACT.
Adoption orders were granted to many PACT families over the past year including
- 17 new dads to 22 children in Berkshire
- 5 new dads in to 8 children in Oxfordshire
- 10 new dads to 12 children in London
- 4 new dads to 4 children in Buckinghamshire
- 15 new dads to 16 children in Hampshire
- 3 new dads to 3 children in Surrey
One new PACT dad, Rob from Marlow, said: “I’m really looking forward to my first Father’s Day. As a single parent, I’m relying on my son’s grandmother to organise a card and present and we are going to his nursery on Saturday for a Father’s Day Celebration. I can’t wait.”
Another PACT dad, Michael, and his wife have a birth daughter and adopted their son in 2013 to complete their family.
Michael, from London, said: “Father’s Day for me is one of my best days of the year. Not only do I get to spend the day with my wife and beautiful children but I will have the added benefit of been spoiled rotten by them all.
“Best of all it will be a day about family and that has been made all the more special by the fact that our family is now complete. I am blessed that whatever we decide to do on Father’s Day, I will continue to enjoy every day with my family.”
Satwinder Sandhu, PACT Adoption and Fostering Director, said “Congratulations to all the dads celebrating Father’s Day after adopting their children.
“PACT has helped hundreds of men to create or extend their family over recent years. We encourage any men thinking about adoption to get in touch to find out more and to attend a PACT information event to hear from a family who have been through the process describe their joy at being a parent through adoption.”
PACT welcomes single men, as well as those in a relationship. Between June 2013 and May 2014, adoption orders have been granted for children adopted by 69 men, including six in same sex couples and one single man. PACT provides lots of support before, during and after the adoption assessment and matching process including award winning therapeutic support.”
To find out more call 0300 456 4800, come to a PACT adoption information event or visit a PACT information stand: -
- Tuesday 1st July, 6.30 – 8pm, PACT’s office, 9 Southern Court, South Street, Reading
- Saturday 19th and Sunday 22nd July, Lambeth Country Show, Brockwell Park
- Tuesday 22nd July, 6.30 – 8pm, PACT office, CMS, Oxford, OX4 6BZ
- Wednesday 30th July, 6.30 – 8pm, PACT office, CAN Mezzanine, 49-51 East Street, London, N1 6AH
- Saturday 2nd August, Brighton Pride, Preston Park, from 12 noon
- Saturday 9th August, Tasty Africa Food festival, Brixton Market, 10 – 4pm
- Friday 29th – Sunday 31st August, Big Feastival, Cotswolds
- Saturday 30th August, Reading Pride, Kings Meadows, from 12 noon
All details of PACT’s information events are listed at www.pactcharity.org/info